Monday 23 December 2013

Yokohama Day Trip

Yesterday some of us went to Yokohama for the day, and I have some photos! We went to the Cupnoodles Museum, Cosmo World, and the Christmas Markets between the Red Brick Buildings where they sold all sorts of German festive foods. Click the photos to enlarge them.

CUPNOODLES MUSEUM




For the Italian half of my family, apparently we had it all wrong. It was 'spagheny' in 1968, not spaghetti ;)





COSMO WORLD (and the view from the ferris wheel).





CHRISTMAS MARKETS (It was too cold for me to take my gloves off to use my phone's touchscreen to take photos so the first few photos were taken by Michael when we were in Yokohama a few weeks ago before the markets were fully set up).





It was a good day, although absolutely freezing. Temperatures are averaging about 8 degrees during the day at the moment. It's gotten to the point where I actually consider 8 degrees to be a 'warm' day. Interesting, considering 4 months ago I would have considered 8 degrees to be outrageous. If it reached 8 degrees in Brisbane it would be one of those talking points that ends up in everybody's facebook statuses. I'm actually wondering how I'm going to make it through Winter once the temperature drops even further. Only 43 days to go until I leave Japan though, so maybe I'll just make it....

Anthea xx

No comments:

Post a Comment