Thursday 10 October 2013

Out And About

Hey guys, sorry again for the lack of updates. I've been to talk to Rikkyo about the number of classes that I'm taking because I'm doing far more work at Rikkyo than I do at QUT and I'm having trouble keeping up and getting my homework done. Rikkyo reckon that QUT has stuffed up the class conversion somewhere down the track and that I'm doing more than I have to (WHICH I TRIED TO TELL QUT 3 WEEKS AGO), so they're talking to QUT for me and hopefully QUT will agree to let me drop a couple of subjects. Otherwise you may never hear from me again because we haven't even started working on large assignments yet.

I don't really have much to tell you because I've just been studying and not doing much else. I'll show you some photos that I've taken around the place though.

Here is Olivia and Angie and their victim Declan at lunch...


As part of our Modern Jap History class (see my previous post for details) we had to go on a walking tour from Ueno to Asakusa. Here's some pics from along the way. The third photo is of the display window for a store that sells fake display food. Yep, that food is fake.




Here's a pic from the inside of one of the stores in Harajuku. You weren't supposed to take photos, but how could I not?


One day I found myself in the last carriage of the train. Here's some photos out the back window.



And finally, last Sunday we went to the Rikkyo vs Meiji university baseball game. I'd never been to a baseball game (or any sporting game for that matter) so I was interested to see what it would be like. It was a lot of fun, but totally exhausting. Somehow we got seated right at the front with the cheerleaders, which meant that we couldn't avoid participating in their chants and what not. Which were never ending. We couldn't actually watch the game because we were too busy cheering, but Rikkyo won 5-1. We weren't supposed to take photos, but Olivia ignored the rules so I stole some of her photos...




So that's all for now really. Next Wednesday is a holiday for us, so on Tuesday I'll be going to Hakone for a night with most of the Shiki dorm crew. I believe that hikes to see views of Mt Fuji and onsen (yes, naked communal baths, doesn't sound so enticing when you put it like that right?) are on the agenda.

Anthea xx

2 comments:

  1. Onsen ? Take a small smile and avoid eye contact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The decorative features on the outside of the buildings are interesting :-) Hmmm...onsen sounds like an interesting experience, lol

    ReplyDelete