Tuesday 15 October 2013

Kaze

So...no photos, but a very quick update. Kaze in Japanese means both cold (as in the flu), and wind. They have different kanji, but the point is that both are hanging around at the moment. Yeah I came down with a cold just as we have a couple of days off uni. Go me. This means that I've managed to miss out on both a trip to Yokohama and a trip to Hakone. It's right now that I'm missing home a lot because there's no one to look after me. I had to make my own damn chicken soup and it just doesn't compare to the soup my Aunty made me last time I was sick. I also miss being able to drive places. I just don't have the energy to stand on trains to get anywhere when I'm sick (so I really hope I'm better by Friday when I have uni again, because having a cold isn't a good enough reason to miss class here).

We also have a lot of wind here at the moment. TYPHOOOOOOOOON! To be completely honest, I don't really get the hype about typhoons. Everyone is always like 'ooooooh watch out, be careful in the typhoon'. To be honest I think we get worse storms in Australia. Sure, there's rain and the winds are pretty intense (54km/h), but there's not really any trees here in Tokyo for the wind to knock over into houses and power lines. As long as you don't plan on leaving the house in a skirt and you have a super sturdy umbrella you should be fine.

And a quick update on the uni front, I'm still waiting to hear from QUT about my subjects. I'll check in with the office at Rikkyo again on Friday to see if they've heard anything.

Anthea xx

No comments:

Post a Comment