Tuesday 18 June 2013

Flight Bookings: Complete

My flights are booked! Everything feels a lot more real now, it's almost as though I was delaying booking flights so that I wouldn't have to deal with the scary realisation that I'll be leaving a lot behind. But there's a lot in front of me too. Onwards and upwards! Literally.

Here's my flight schedule:


I might postpone the final leg of my journal between Sydney and Brisbane for a couple of days to visit friends who are moving there, but at this point the above is what I have booked.

I've decided to fly with Qantas. After my last few experiences with Jetstar (ummm hello arrival in Osaka rather than Tokyo) there's no way I feel confident relying on them when I'm going to be a lone traveler who speaks little Japanese. Besides, Qantas is actually cheaper when Jetstar isn't on sale due to Jetstar's stupid add-on pricing for food and luggage (does anyone actually fly internationally with only carry on luggage and not wanting a meal!?). Plus I get a much comfier seat and a larger luggage allowance with Qantas which I'm going to need. Priorities!

(Why am I even justifying my choice to fly Qantas? They're clearly better than Jetstar, end of story).

Being the over-thinker that I am, I've strategically requested seat 54A for my flight from Sydney to Tokyo in the hope that no one will want that lone seat between me and Mr 54C. Here's hoping for a flight that isn't full! I'll be keeping an eye on the seating situation until I leave though and moving myself to an emptier part of the plane if my current area gets too crowded. I even situated myself as far away from the infant seats as I could to avoid moments of rage that could have me thrown off the plane. I like to think of it as 'forward thinking'. At least, that's what I tell myself.


I'll stop boring you with my insanely excessive 'logic' now, I've probably sent your brains into overload. I think the fact that I'm doing this trip alone as has sent me into crazy 'be as organised as possible' mode.

Anthea xx

No comments:

Post a Comment